On Saturday we ventured out to Aunt Irene and Uncle Snow's for a Matula Thanksgiving celebration. Before we left I insisted on taking a family picture. As you can tell my husband wasn't very enthused, my 5 week old prefered to sleep and I need to do something about that hair, but it is our first family photo since her birth date and I am thankful for my healthy family.
Forty years ago on Saturday November, 29th my parents were married. Aunt Irene came up with this great idea to have a cake like their wedding day one at the Matula Thanksgiving. Ang and I decided we would try and make a similar one (the top two layers anyway). Well, it didn't look much like the original except for the cake topper which was the original. Here's mom and dad cutting and eating. Aren't they too cute.
Congratulations, Mom and Dad, on forty fabulous years. Thank you for being such great examples of a beautiful, Christian, loving partnership. We love you!
The cake may not have looked the greatest but we had a great time making it. Ang and the girls came over Friday night to help. I am so blessed to have Ang as my big sis. We have such a great time when we hang out together. We always come up with crazy ideas that we think will work and though they may not turn out the way we imagined, we always have fun trying. Josh also stopped by later for beer reinforcment. I don't get to visit with him near enough but when I do I truly enjoy the time. He's a great brother and super uncle.
I hope everyone had a terrific Thanksgiving with their loved ones, I know I did.
Your family picture is really cute!
ReplyDelete