Friday, October 9, 2009

Getting ready for her arrival!

Tuesday we had our 35th week check up. We requested a sonogram just for reassurance that everything was okay. Well, everything seems to be just fine. She weighs 6lbs 4oz which is in the 24th percentile for her age and her length (from her leg bone) was in the 91st percentile. She has some hair and she was sucking her wrist. Kevin said it looked like she has my nose (poor thing) and big cheeks. After the sonogram we saw Dr. Westford and after she checked me she doesn't think I will make it to due date. This made me excited and anxious. Excited because the thought of seeing her soon and me no longer being uncomfortable seemed awesome. Anxious because I felt we weren't totally prepared.

So, a day later I made sure I packed my hospital bag and put up the crib that will be going in our room for the first couple of months. Of course I did this with the help of mom who had to do some alterations to the bedding and has been storing everything at her house for months now. I could not ask for a more patient, talented mother. THANK YOU, MOM!

I will take pictures this weekend of our room all ready to go along with other house pictures. We officially moved in at the end of last week. We are living there but definitely not 100% settled. It's coming along nicely, walls are still blank but putting holes in newly painted walls is hard to do. So, stay tuned for pictures next week.

1 comment:

  1. It's so crazy to think you're only five weeks ahead of me, and Kennedy is already 6lbs., 4 oz. That seems HUGE, though I know she will just keep getting bigger! We are getting a 3D/4D sonogram on Tuesday, and I'm so excited to see what (and who) Eli looks like!!

    I'm also hoping to tackle his room this weekend. My plan is to get the furniture in that room (my bedroom set from college) moved to my brother's house. And then once the room is all cleared out, I'm hoping Scott will paint!

    I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete