Friday, November 13, 2009

Kennedy Jade Zappe's Birthday ~ October 22, 2009

Here is how it all happened, with pictures!


1:20am checked in to Detar North in Victoria. Had been having contractions (10minutes apart) since 9:45 pm. I was 4cm dilated at 1:30am. Here I am waiting for the nurses to tell us what will happen next, go home, start the pitosin to induce or sleep. By the looks of things I needed alot of rest. The night before I had went to bed around 11pm ish and was up before 4am and could not go back to sleep so by this point I was one exhausted woman.


We picked up Ang (my sis) before we left Hallettsville. Kevin and I decided awhile back that we would like for her to help us in the delivery room since she has made it look so easy--- FIVE times. She packed a book she had from her pregnancies that gave us info on labor. Here she is reading up. Much to my surprise she was as nervous as we were.



Crazy Kevin is showing us who was taking the pics and what he was doing in the weee hours of the morning as we just waited. By 2:30am they decided to put us in the delivery suite and monitor my contractions. They said for us to try and get some rest. If things didn't progress on there own we would induce in the morning.

I wish I would have had the camera to take pics of Ang and Kevin resting. They had to take turns on the couch while the other tried to sleep in a wooden rocker.


Back awake and visiting with my parents and Molly (she's on the other side of the room) through contractions. They started the pitosin drip at 8am and family began to arrive around 9ish.


Doug and Cookie saying their hellos around 11:30am. Contractions getting worse.



The nurse checked me at noon and I was 6cm dilated and ready for the anesthesiologist. He was there in minutes and we loved him. He was precise, to the point and fast.



This is me very shortly after the drugs kicked in. It was so nice to not feel the contractions anymore and let's just say I felt nothing else either. Weird things happened after the epidural. You'll have to ask Kevin or Ang to fill you in on the details. They are a little embarrassing for me.



Dr. Westford came about 1:30 to see how I was progressing and told me she'd give me $5 if I would have my baby before 5pm. I told her, "deal"! She still owes me $5. Needless to say she never left the room after that. I was pushing by 1:45 and she was here at 2:33pm.

No pictures were allowed when they layed her on my belly. I can not brag enough, or express how grateful I am to of had my wonderful husband and Angela in the room. They made the most perfect coaching team.
After many tears of joy and thankfulness that she was finally here safe and sound.




Here is proud dad holding his precious baby girl.



Kennedy's first shampoo job. She doesn't look very excited about it. Notice her cone head. They had to use a suction device to help deliver her safely, her heart rate started dropping and Dr. Westford didn't want to continue the way we were so she used the suction and once Kennedy came the doc realized why her rate was dropping. She had her umbilical cord wrapped around her neck and shoulders. Every time I would push then stop the cord would suck her back in like a bungy cord. She must have been doing some sort of dance in there to get all twisted up.










The very proud coach/Aunt Angela!!!


The three ladies!
We love my doctor!

4 comments:

  1. She looks precious. Congrats and I can't wait to meet her. You look great in the after pictures. Pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You finally got it all up! Great story telling. I'm glad Kennedy is here and she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a bit nervous because I know how to have the babies, but wasn't too sure how to coach someone else while having a baby. It turned out to be one of the most awesome experiences ever!! Thank you so much for asking me to be a part of such a miraculous occasion! You really did a great job and made the delivery look "easy".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful baby girl!!!

    ~Melissa Brunton (Henke)

    ReplyDelete